Get Better Results with an Office Cleaning Checklist
You work hard to create a comfortable and pleasant work environment for your employees and customers. To help in that endeavor, you have outsourced your office cleaning services. To get the most out of your cleaning service, and to establish clear communications and expectations, develop a checklist of what needs to be completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Go over the list with the cleaning service manager, making changes as needed, and review periodically to ensure you are receiving the expected level of service.
Following is a basic cleaning checklist. Modify to suit the needs of your business, and review your cleaning service.
- Empty all wastebaskets, replace liners, and remove any litter.
- Vacuum all carpets, mats, and hardwood floors.
- Dust all horizontal areas of shelves, desks, and chairs.
- Disinfect all horizontal surfaces.
- Sweep and mop all tile floors.
- Remove fingerprints and marks from light switch plates, door frames, and glass surfaces.
- Spot clean walls and painted surfaces.
- Make sure furniture is arranged neatly.
- Clean bathroom mirrors.
- Wipe down kitchen and bathroom fixtures with disinfectant, including sink, countertops, soap dispenser, towel dispenser/dryer, door handles, and commode.
- Remove fingerprints and splash marks on walls and doors.
- Stock toilet tissue, hand towels, and soap.
- Mop kitchen and bathroom floors with disinfectant.
- Wash out wastebaskets.
- Clean glass doors, inside and out.
- Vacuum vents and chairs.
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Dust and clean around mini-blinds and window frames.
- Vacuum under all furniture.
Find out how Alpine Building Maintenance can help make your life easier! Call for a quote today!