10-Point Commercial Office Cleaning Checklist for Challenging Times
Commercial office cleaning is very important at all times, in order to provide a safe, clean and healthy environment for your employees, but it’s even more important right now given that there is a pandemic going on. If you want to carry on your business even during these challenging times, it’s necessary to take a lot of precautions such as having your employees wear masks and maintain social distancing as much as possible. In addition, having your office cleaned regularly will help to create a healthy environment. Here is a commercial office cleaning checklist that you can provide to your office cleaning company:
- Taking Out the Trash: This helps in getting rid of any microorganisms that might be growing in the trash and generally provides a more hygienic environment.
- Cleaning All Surfaces: This is extremely important because one of the ways in which microorganisms spread is through touch. So cleaning and disinfecting surfaces helps to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Airing Out the Office: If possible, the office should also be aired out so that any germs/microorganisms that are in the air will go outside and fresh air will come in.
- Cleaning Bathrooms: This is also very important because the bathroom is used by everyone in the office. So there is a greater likelihood of germs/viruses spreading through contact. All surfaces have to be disinfected.
- Cleaning Kitchens: This is also really important because many people in the office will be using the kitchen and will therefore come in contact with surfaces others have touched.
- Cleaning Windows: We don’t realize it but sometimes we lean on windows and can come into contact with germs that others have left there. So it’s important to disinfect windows.
- Cleaning Doors: This is doubly important because everyone has to touch doors to open them unless the doors are always kept open. So it’s likely that they will come into contact with the germs left behind by others.
- Cleaning Elevators: If the elevator opens into your office, it’s important for it to be disinfected, especially the buttons that everyone presses in order to get to their floor.
- Reception Area/Waiting Room: If you have a reception area or waiting room, then there will be a lot of people coming and going. So all the furniture should be cleaned with care. It’s best not leave any magazines in this area. And make sure that only one person has the remote control for the TV.
- Carpets/Chairs: There might not be an evidence to suggest that any diseases spread through carpeting or upholstery. At the same time, these do also need to be cleaned to maintain a certain level of hygiene and a good appearance.
Contact us to learn more about our office cleaning checklist for commercial office cleaning.